Saturday, December 3, 2011

Church's Chicken Hoax

           According to my blogging schedule I’m supposed to have a guest blogger, but until I get that sorted out I thought I’d just post about something peculiar that happened today: my mother and grandmother’s trip to “Church’s Chicken”.

*Not the location my mom went to
Now the location they went to had been closed for a while, but when my mom and grandma saw people inside, etc. they decided that they’d stop in and grab something for the family to eat. Inside, they ordered like they normally would and the people got to work making the chicken. They said nothing about not actually being employed by Church’s until AFTER my mom had paid.  

            She expected the employees to hand her the colorful boxes that Church’s food normally came in, but when she received multiple white styrofoam  boxes, she asked what was up. They then informed her that they were using the Church’s location but were “another company”. I do believe they failed to say what company it was exactly. “It’s not fried chicken’ r’ us” is my guess.

            That being said, they still had the Church’s sign, window advertisements, and menu all in place and being used. I do believe that if the Church’s company knew about this, they wouldn’t allow it.

One of three boxes given to my mom
            Now, squatters’ pretending to be a major food chain is one thing, but, potentially making someone sick is another. When my mom and grandma arrived home they told us their colorful tale and showed us what was in the boxes. Ta-dah! Yummy right?

Looks like a deep fried heart
 I didn’t trust the food and neither did grandma but she hadn’t had time to cook anything so this was it. Some of the pieces looked down right burnt, but the others looked okay… on the outside. Out of being curious (and being an ass) I asked if the chicken was even cooked properly. My grandma said “Let’s find out” and began slicing away at the chicken. What we found was not only disgusting, but disturbing.

Finger-lickin good
            THE CHICKEN WAS STILL RAW. Now, my grandma has been in a kitchen since she was a young teen and I’ve dabbled a bit with cooking chicken before, so, when the meat began to bleed, we knew we had problems. Grandma, being amazing as she always is, cut the chicken up and refried everything to make sure it was actually edible this time. While she did this I wondered how many people had been served this same undercooked chicken and if any of them knew any better to know that this was not safe. Its one thing for your steak to be medium rare, but your chicken should never be.

            Grandma deemed the chicken safe and I still eyed it before giving into my bear of a stomach. I hadn’t eaten anything prior to this and I could feel the acid and bile rise in my throat, begging for some morsel to disintegrate.  Before walking away though, grandma put the blue cheese and ranch dressings in front of me. “You’re going to need one” she said, “The chicken is flavorless.”

Why does this chicken look like hush puppies?
            I ended up having blue cheese with chicken and I bet you are screaming at your comp saying “WHY THE FLIP DID YOU EAT THAT?!” and while I would love to give you a reasonable answer anonymous reader…I can’t. I took a risk and it ate cause 1.) I was hungry and 2.) I trust my abuelita enough to eat sketchy chicken.

            I’m happy to say that I’m doing okay and I have yet to experience any sort of vomiting or diarrhea, honestly, I thought I’d have both by now. If anything does occur however, I’ll let you know, anonymous reader, so that when I disappear it’ll be because I’m either suing the shit out of those people or...I’m dead. Let’s hope for the first option.  

            If you happen to know how I can reach Church’s Chicken or if you find a way to get this blog article to them, let me know. I would like to get those people shut down not only because they could potentially send someone to the hospital, but also because they messed with my mom and grandma and no one messes with my gram gram….NO ONE.

            I’ll catch you on the flip side then, anonymous reader.



                            ~The Ink Eater



Quote/Event/Thought of the Day: “Illiteracy is a hereditary trait of the ghetto…” – Coworker

No comments:

Post a Comment